Undergraduate students must have:
- 3.25 GPA or better in Portuguese courses and a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Completed a minimum of a minimum of three years of college Portuguese or the equivalent
- Completed at least one course in literature or culture of the Portuguese-speaking countries
- Completed at least 3 semesters of college coursework
Transfer students are eligible to apply if they have taken Portuguese in their previous institution and comply with the requirements listed above. Please submit both IU and previous school unofficial transcripts when applying.
Graduate students must:
- Have completed at least 2 semesters of the Portuguese M.A. or Ph.D program in residence at IU or be a Portuguese graduate minor who completed at least 2 graduate classes in residence at IU.
- Have a 3.25 GPA or better in Portuguese courses and a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA.
- Be enrolled in a Portuguese class at the time of selection to membership.
Contact Dr. Luciana Namorato for more information about the society: firstname.lastname@example.org.